Special Thanks to WJHG Ch7 for their coverage of our Grand Opening celebration for the Pirates Cove new Boat Barn!
PANAMA CITY BEACH-By:Tyler Allender- The Grand Opening Ceremony and Boat Show for the Mega Boat Barn took place Friday (April 17th, 2015) afternoon.
At 150,000 square feet, the new barn is the third largest boat storage in the country.
Pirates Cove Marina has noticed a change in boater lifestyle over the last two years. Management has noticed everyone wants simplicity and something that can be easily maintained.
“People are downsizing into simpler more boats that work like their iPhones,” said Scott Burt, from Coastal Marina Management. “You can multitask, you can dive, you can cruise, you can fish, sort of like your Chevrolet Suburban. They want a boat that does everything.”
The barn can hold boats up to 50 feet long and 450 of them at that. The barn is rated to withstand winds of 140 mph.
If you missed the celebration and boat show Friday, you can head out to the Pirates Cove Marina Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Pirates Cove Marina offers a satisfying, one-of-a-kind experience for those who have discovered the excitement of living the boating lifestyle on Grand Lagoon in Panama City Beach, Florida.
- Tucked away into its own private cove on the south shore of Grand Lagoon, one of Florida’s favorite vacation destinations.
- Only minutes by boat from the indescribable beauty of the world-famous Emerald Coast beaches, including such favorites as Shell Island, St. Andrew’s Bay and St. Andrew’s State Park.
- Refreshing on-site fresh water Swimming Pool complete with its own shaded, well-equipped Tiki Bar overlooking Grand Lagoon.
- Grand Lagoon’s very best service department to take great care of your boat’s every need.
- Secure Dry Storage for your boat in our clean, spacious dry storage facility and conveniently located Outdoor Racks for larger vessels
- Excellent vehicle parking, conveniently located near all the marina amenities
- Runaway Bay Caribbean-themed Restaurant, and Paradise Adventures 52′ Sailing Cataraman